Today we’re on Stage 16. I consider this stage a “Time Trial” for this year’s Tour de Profit. Today’s activity is to create a Marketing Plan on a Page for your business. You will have 10 minutes for this time trial. No need for you to spend time in research.
No need for you to talk with customers or prospective customers. Simply focus your efforts for 10 minutes on today’s activity. You may have heard of Jay Conrad Levinson, the father of Guerrilla Marketing. Jay was responsible for creating the Marlboro Man and helping many companies transform their marketing strategies.
Today we are going to apply one of Jay Conrad Levinson’s most powerful Guerrilla Marketing strategies.
Your Profit Tip of the Day
Your assignment is to answer 7 questions in 10 minutes. This is not an essay exam. This is about being direct, specific and focused in your responses. I will ask each question a couple of different ways to help you get the right intent.
- What is the PURPOSE of your Marketing? In other words, What do you want someone to do PHYSICALLY when they come to know who you are and what you do?
- What is your COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE? What sets you apart from your competition?
- Who is your TARGET MARKET? Ideally, who would be an ideal customer for your products or services?
- What MARKETING WEAPONS will you use? What strategies will you use to get people to know who you are and what you do?
- What is your NICHE – your Unique Selling Proposition? Why is it people should buy from you?
- What is your IDENTITY? What is the Personality of your business?
- What is your BUDGET as a % of your gross sales? How much are you committing to invest in growing your business?
Now, on your page, you should have the essence of a marketing strategy for your business. You may certainly have some details that need to be added, some specifics that would help make it even more clear and concise. Use this as a template and transform your marketing strategies courtesy of the one-and-only Jay Conrad Levinson.
If you’re looking for more success and freedom from your business, join my FREE, private Facebook Group called The Peloton. It’s where business owners like you are learning, sharing and working together to get better every day! Here’s the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/jointhepeloton/
Come on – join us! And remember, whatever you do, RIDE HARD!