Imagine you went for a bike ride and noticed that the front wheel of your bike only had 2 or 3 spokes supporting the tire. What is likely to happen when you hit your first bump in the road? Your front tire is going to fail!
The very same thing happens in business when you try to grow your business using only 2 or 3 marketing strategies. They will not provide market awareness to bring you a steady flow of new prospects. You need at least 5 or 6 solid lead-generating strategies (spokes) to be successful.
Here’s Your Net Worth Tip of the Day
- Describe your Ideal Customer – in as much detail as you can.
- Identify 5-6 specific ways that you could communicate directly with a large number of your Ideal Customer prospects (those who fit your description).
- Allocate a portion of your marketing time and budget ($) to each idea you listed.
- Build a monthly calendar outlining when each marketing idea will occur and what message you will convey to your prospects.
- Test and Measure each marketing idea you use. Compare the results of each and make adjustments in your spending to get the maximum results.
DOCUMENT your Marketing Plan. If you do not have it written down, you do not have one! If you need a great, simple template, just send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll send you one that will get you started in the right direction.
To get more tips on how to improve your leadership skills, your team engagement and your business results, go to my website, www.tourdeprofit.com and you’ll find lots of free stuff there.
And, to make progress faster in your business, ride along with like-minded business owners who share ideas, lessons learned and business strategies that are working. You’ll find it all in my FREE, private Facebook Group: The Peloton. Here’s the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/jointhepeloton/
Come on – join us! And remember, whatever you do, RIDE HARD!